Intelligent App Risk Management
for the saving of your IT ressources
With APPVISORY, you identify vulnerabilities and risky app behavior within your device fleet in no time. Get a DSGVO-compliant app catalog that adapts to your compliance requirements in a fully automated way.
Configure APPVISORY according to your individual compliance and company requirements.
APPVISORY analyzes vulnerabilities and risk potentials of your mobile applications fully automatically and transfers the results to your MDM/EMM automatically.
You get an enterprise and EU-GDPR compliant app catalog that updates itself with every app update.
How APPVISORY can help you
Automise your app release prozess
Analyze your entire app portfolio and enterprise app store with just one click.
Make informed decisions about your apps that are automatically synced into your MDM/EMM.
App Risk Detection
Exclude vulnerabilities and risky app behavior from your mobile infrastructure.
Keep an automated eye on your most important apps to react quickly to any change.
Automate your positive-negative lists and add must-have apps as needed.
App Security with APPVISORY
App Risk Management
- Security classification of the top apps from the commissioned commercial app stores
- Intuitively understandable security classification of apps in the APPVISORY ® evaluation procedure
Mobile Threat Detection
- Identification of vulnerabilities and risky app behavior
- Detection of malware through generic and heuristic scanning methods
Mobile Device Management Integration
- Automatic connection to leading MDM software
- Scan of the app portfolio created in the MDM against the APPVISORY database
- Transfer of an app portfolio to the MDM Whitelist/Blacklist
App Scan Catalog
- Extensive app catalog of continually tested apps
- Automatic review of each app update
- For Android and iOS
- Development, service und hosting in Germany
- Administrator access for APPVISORY ® management console via web-login
- Export of individual test results and applists as CSV, JSON and PDF
Black- & Whitelisting
- Automatic or manual selection of apps for the creation of a basic Whitelist/Blacklist
- Automatic synchronization of changed risk ratings of apps due to updated results
Keep an eye on all apps in use
Uncover mobile Risks
Connect your MDM/EMM
Why mobile security solutions must not be missing
of all companies suffered from data loss, sabotage and espionage in 2020 and 2021
is what a data loss costs companies on average per year
69 Mio. €
total fines imposed for data protection violations in Germany
Source: Global Data Protection Index 2020 | heydata Studie “Europa im Datenschutz-Ranking” 2021
and protect yourself from fines
Using static and dynamic analysis, APPVISORY screens mobile apps to identify vulnerabilities as well as risky behavior.
Violations against Data Protection Regulations
Invalid general terms and conditions and data privacy policies
Data storage in the cloud
Uncontrolled dataflow to non-company servers
Mobile Threat Detection detects malware and other threats
Violation of data privacy
Access to personal data
Violation of Data Security
Insecure data transfer and prohibited server locations
Unsafe data storage on the device
Unsafe storage of sensible data on the device
Prohibited connections and data transfers to third-party suppliers and unsafe third-party libraries
Success stories with APPVISORY
What our customers say
IT System administration, DMG MORI
„The combination of MobileIron and APPVISORY helps us ensure all of our devices are secure anywhere in the world. We can now give our mobile workforce more publicly available apps without worrying whether they pose a threat to our data.“
IT Specialist Project & Services Management, Gerresheimer
„The protection of sensitive company data is a top priority for us and must be seamlessly transferred to the mobile area. We recognized the need for external app analyses early on and therefore decided to implement APPVISORY as a scalable and fully automated app risk management solution.“
NOTICE FROM THE FEDERAL OFFICE FOR INFORMATION SECURITY (BSI):
Excerpt from the german IT-Grundschutz Compendium
SYS.3.2.2.A14 – Mobile Applications (Apps) – Requirements
In order to prevent apps from unintentionally sending confidential data or from creating profiles about users from the sent data, app communication SHALL be suitably restricted. For this purpose, the communication SHOULD be analyzed as part of the test and release procedure.
How it works
Our testing technologies
- Unlimited amount of apps
- Automatic checks of app updates
- Real-time process for additional app requests
- Checking of apps with infrastructure connection as well as foreign language apps
- Extensive criteria catalog with more than 70 criteria per check
⧁ e.g. third-party libraries including tracking, analytics, advertising
⧁ Server connections
⧁ data access
⧁ Detailed security configuration
Automated dynamic and static analysis of additional test criteria:
- Checking for common vulnerabilities and unwanted data processing
- Network traffic analysis
- Data storage
- Encryption (methods and key strengths)
- Framework, permissions, third parties
- Semi-automated test procedure by experienced app security analysts
- Extended plausibility checks including target servers, need for data transfers, anonymization/pseudonymization according to EU-GDPR, integration of third-party providers, general recommendation for use in companies etc.
- Review of all significant updates that have major changes to the app code
- Additional verification of test results by an app security supervisor
- Comprehensive PrePentest report
FAQ – DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Can APPVISORY prevent data access or outgoing data connections of the apps?
In the current version APPVISORY analyzes the access- and data sending behaviour of the app and provides all important information to make decisions about app use and how harmful apps can be kept out of the company network. The app behavior is not influenced yet but the APPVISORY team is working on such a solution.
Which risks and dangers does APPVISORY protect me from?
APPVISORY protects you from data leakage, data thievery, industrial espionage, movement tracking, malware and the unwanted creation of personal profiles. In addition you get the information whether certain applications comply with the requirements of the EU-GDPR.
Can I connect my MDM to APPVISORY?
Absolutely. We offer a direct connection for a large number of MDM systems. We also offer exports via CSV and JSON.
Can I customize APPVISORY according to company specifications and compliance regulations?
Yes. APPVISORY can be tailored exactly to your company‘s needs and even to individual user groups within your company through individual security configurations.
What are the main advantages for my employees from using APPVISORY?
Using APPVISORY protects your employees from the dangers of everyday mobile life. By using APPVISORY the employees have a reliable basis for decision-making for or against the integration of certain applications into the corporate IT environment.
14 days DEMO
Test APPVISORY for 14 days free of charge and without obligation.